Happy Birthday Baby Brady!

I've often said I can't imagine not having a sister, because she gets me, she shares a lot of the same roles as I do.  But I can't imagine not having brother either.  And thank God I've been blessed with both.  Today is my brothers birthday.  My "little" brother...


Brady often gets the shaft, because he has two older sisters and no brothers.  The poor guy didn't have a chance in the dating world, because Angela and I pretty much sabotaged all of his high school relationships via intimidation and "he's not good enough for you" antics.  You would think girls would've caught on at some point... in our house girls don't call boys unless you wanted on the black list.  Poor Brady.  He would get home from a date and we would barrage him with all too many rather personal questions.  I do believe one time he threw an empty 2 liter at me in the middle of his interrogation.  And apparently the older sisters rep followed him to college, since his now wife told me that she heard to watch out for the older sisters.  Hey, it paid off... he has an awesome wife!  

So I joke about Ang and I possibly ruining a few dates for Brady... I will say with pride that Brady is for sure the protective brother, and although the younger brother he is a big dude.  I remember him calling Jason cuz it bothered him that I carried my own luggage into wherever it was that we were all together.  So he expects the ladies in his life to be treated a certain way:), but I also love the humility in his respect, love and support of Jason and I.  I know he really loves Jason.

Then he heard of the unfaithfulness of my brother-in-law he 1. cried (nothing more manly in my book than a man who feels deeply and loves deeply), and 2. my sister-in-law called me because she was worried he was going to get in the car and drive 5 hours to wait for this guy to get out of work so he could beat the crap out of him, and he could've easily done that in one pound.  I love the furry.  We coulda made it a team effort!  Maybe someday, Brady:)

I remember Brady and Kristen coming up when Kami had a surgery, and just playing with her to get her mind off of her bound up hands...looks kinda like Kami wore Brady out though:)

Not the best quality pictures...


Strength.  He's been a rock to our family through heartache.  He prays.  He loves God with passion, and has devoted his life to spreading the love of Jesus.   He's physically a beast.  He did the tough mudder race.  I was out in NJ when he was training, and he had these massive monster tires that he was flipping over with ease.  Yay, I had to try, but the competition between me and him came to a screeching hault once he hit high school.  I decided one-on-one basketball in our driveway was too humiliating at that point.


My parents did a great job teaching him chivalry.  My sweet sister in law and their two little girls know what it is to be treated with honor and respect. 

Being that I am the middle child I, unfortunately, carry the middle child attributes of strongly opinionated and slightly competitive, but as much as I may have gotten the brunt of causing the fights I just want to show evidence of the "Bwatty Bwady" I grew up with ...

Hello...don't mess up my hair, dude!

 Okay so this may look like I was bullying...not so, it was my new bike that I just got for my birthday that day!

Even as a baby!  Don't let the cuteness fool you!

In all seriousness my life is richer and fuller because of Brady.  He was actually born with a serious kidney disease.  My parents sent out call to pray for a miracle, and God healed him.  Can't imagine not having the security and safety of him in my life.  I think I hit about 12, and he had caught up with me in size.  People would ask if we were twins sometimes, and deep down I thought that was kinda cool. 
So I love you, Brady.  I'm so proud of who have become.  You are a gift.  I hope this is a great day for you! 
This guy hasn't made it into family photos yet... So excited to meet Judah at Christmas.







Comments

  1. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading it & seeing those various blessings plus it helped me get to know family a bit better.

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts