Finally, We Have Music!


I remember when I was in high school my family went through a very difficult season, and I hadn't realized that the music stopped being played in our home until it started up again.  I didn't know what I had been missing until it was back.  But when it was back there was such a sense of, "phew, everything is going to be ok".

You could easily lock me up in a room all by myself, and as long as I had some quality worship music I'd be content for hours.  I love all genres.  No, actually I hate screamo music, but I like old rock, new rock, pop, country, classical, and even the different eras...I'm not a huge fan of rap, but I don't hate it.  So that being said...my favorite is solid worship music...not the "I couldn't make it in the real world, so I'll try Christian music" kind, but good quality "take me out of this world I'm caught up in" type of worship God music.  Jason finds it, and I listen to it.  Jesus Culture and Hillsong to name a few.

We had a decent stereo system at one point, and my guess is too many tiny bodies climbing the armoir to crank the sounds, and too many tiny hands playing with all the buttons lead to the demise of our version of a good sound.  I listen to music when I run or workout, but we rarely have it on at home otherwise since we've had nothing to play the music for us.

We have had a half functioning ipod doc, but the sound is blah, and it doesn't work all the time.  So basically this family who loves to dance and sing and listen to music has not had any for years! What the heck is wrong with us?  

So we decided it's time to try to find a quality doc to play our music on.  Jason's birthday was coming up, so my parents and siblings bought a nice bose doc for him.  BONUS!  I love it when his presents are really what I wanted!:)  But wouldn't it be our luck that we pull it out of the box, and it wouldn't work (It was purchased in NJ, and we didn't open the box until we got back home in Michigan).  So we had to send it back to get fixed.

Yesterday I walked into my friend, Marci's house, and she had music playing.  I noticed it because I just hardly ever walk into someones house and the music is playing.  Kinda sad really.  It got me all excited for our Bose Doc to get returned to us.  And wouldn't you know it?  I got home, and it was at my front door.  So the girls and I immediately ripped it out of the box and began blasting the tunes.  This thing sounds awesome!

So we were dancing and singing as we got dinner ready, tried to get homework done, and talked about the day.  Tay said, "I love having music play in the house.  It just makes everything feel happy".   And somehow this birthday gift of Jason's brought Kami to, "You're the best mom.  I'm so glad you're my mom." (insert hug).  Hey, if this whole being able to blast her favorite tunes turns me into the best mom ever I can get used to this!  

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination
 and life to everything.”--Plato.  We met a girl with that tattooed on her bicep today.  Music truly has the power to give life to everything in it's own unique way.  It soothes, it connects, it moves, it puts words to what my heart wants to say, and I love it.  Thank you, God, for giving us music!!!  

Comments

Popular Posts