REFERRAL!!

We got our referral call!!  I chuckle in saying that, because most of our friends and family know this already...kinda like that AT&T commercial that brags on how fast their service is, "that was so 12 seconds ago".  But regardless,  we are still super duper excited to share this news!!

We are in New Jersey visiting my parents.  My sister was here too with her kids (she was supposed to leave the day before, but, thank God they stayed an extra day!).  We all went to Ocean City Boardwalk/Beach together.  It was a perfect day, with a little breeze, all six cousins were boogie boarding and jumping waves while the grown ups soaked in the rays.  

I typically have my phone by my side at all times making myself completely accessible to my kids if they are not with me, but also because I know that call from our agency can come at any unexpected moment like the first contraction or like the water breaking:).  Ok, so I just let the world know that I sometimes ignore phone calls, and texts:/.  Sorry:)

So, of course, my phone was safely tucked at the bottom of my zipped up purse inside of another bag being protected from the heat, sand and water.  We hopped in the van to head home, and I pulled out my phone to see one missed text from Jennifer Ettinger and two missed phone calls and a voicemail from Adoption Associates!!  I panicked and made everyone pull into... McDonalds :).  If you know me you might think this was a conspiracy for me to get my diet coke fix, which while very convenient was not.  I called my agency contact, and motioned for Jason to grab a pen and paper for me and began feverishly writing down details of our two boys.

Fuad-Joshua David.  Fuad is his Ethiopian name which means heart.  I love this.  And we chose Joshua to be his new name which means "God rescues; salvation", and his middle name is my dad's name David which means "beloved".  He is two and half.  "He looks a little grumpy (chuckle), but I think this poor little guy is so confused as to what in the world is going on, and I'm guessing he is scared."  Broke my heart.  Then as Sally read through the tiny bit of information they have of our sweet Joshua she read, "the doctor who evaluated him is suspicious of physical abuse because of a couple of scars..."  she was silent for a moment.  Then she said, "That's hard to read".   It's hard to hear, but causes our hearts to love him even deeper. 

Then Eyob not BYOB:).  Heard that a few times from our hilarious family.  His Ethiopian name means "persecuted"...interesting, but that is not who he is, so we will call him "bold and Free one" (Caleb; "bold one; heart" Charles "Free" after Jason's dad).   She said the doctor was concerned he could be anemic because of his fair skin:).  He is not, though.  He is 6 months old.  His report said that he was brought to a police officer by a woman sobbing that she could no longer care for him.  I can't imagine how awful this had to be for her.  I've been trying to imagine the desperation of these mothers.  God, minister to their hearts, give them peace, reassure them that their boys will be loved.  Caleb is absolutely darling.

After I got off the phone I downloaded all the info to Jason.  We were giddy.  He called his parents.  I called mine that were in the van in front of us at this point.  Then we called our siblings.  We are so blessed to have family that have been praying for our boys already, and are so supportive and excited with us. 

We quickly ran inside, and with shivers opened up my email.  My mom held my phone to record us, and Angela took pictures.  It was like being in the delivery room.  Joshua's face popped up on the screen.  In love!  Precious sad eyes and gorgeous little face.  He was sweetly adorned with an oversized long-sleeved gray t-shirt, pj pants with animals on them and blue and yellow crocs.  I was overwhelmed with emotion looking at his face wanting to say to him, "We are coming!  It's going to be ok".  I cannot wait to hug his 27 lb. little body.

Then we opened the photo of Caleb.  Nubby cuteness, out of control black hair, great big eyes and long eyelashes.  In one of his pictures he's sporting a pouty lip on the verge of bursting into tears.  He needs us!  I just wanted to reach through the computer and pick him up off of that table.  

Time is not my friend right now, but I'm so thankful to have a God that is always present everywhere.  He is with Joshua and Caleb, and is preparing us for their arrival.  

The girls are silly and giddy too by the way.  I was out shopping with my mom today.  In the middle of a rack of miscellaneous clothes I found a tshirt Taylor's size that said, "I'm the big sister" for 4.99.  Sold! Tay put it on as soon as I gave it to her.  Kami texted her friends as soon as we said, "ok" to tell them, and they are all so sweet to be excited with her.  Aly's itouch ran out of battery before she could pass the news on to friends, but she was content to share the moment with her cousins anyway.  They can't wait to meet their new brothers.

Our travel times are yet to be determined, but if you are praying for us through this journey please pray 1.  that it is sooner than later
2.  for our travel arrangements to come together smoothly
3.  for the boys to be well nurtured in the current orphanage 
4.  for God to prepare our hearts, the girls and the boys for what is ahead.

It's honestly hard to even know what we need prayer for, but the spirit intercedes on our behalf.  Thank you to all of our family and friends for your encouragement and support through this exciting time.  Pictures of the boys will posted as soon as we are allowed to post them!!

"I'm the big sister"

So cute!
Never said I can't show Joshua's feet:)
And Caleb:)

Comments

  1. Wow....how inspiring! I had goose-bumps reading this entry. What a wonderful experience and the Conlans are praying for your safe travels. So happy that Caleb and Joshua will be loved by such a wonderful family (and 3 cool big sisters).....it will be amazing to watch these little boys grow and be nurtured in a safe, happy home. What a tribute to you and I applaud your patience and determination! It will be a journey for you all but it sounds like your support is overwheling!
    I love the lyrics from Natasha Bedingfield's song....................
    No one else can speak the words on your lips. Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.

    Enjoy the journey!
    Love, Ryan and Jenni Conlan (riley,brenan and brady too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, How sweet:) I read what you wrote to Jason. It was so great to get to connect with you at the wedding. I love that Natasha Bedingfield song too. Thanks for sharing it:)

      Delete
  2. Not sure if you remember me from college, but I saw this on your sisters facebook! So exciting for you guys! I pray all goes well and quickly for you! Adoption is such an amazing thing that will totally change your lives! We adopted 2 kids as well (twins)! Along with our 2 biological kids. Enjoy!! Congrats! Heidi Wood Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I do remember you!:) I didn't know that you have adopted. I would love to hear the story. I'm so open to any advice or resources if you have any. I know this will not be all sweet and cute, and we will be faced with challenges along the way, so I want us to be able to be as prepared and equipped as we can be. Thanks for praying...so encouraging:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love seeing their little feet!!! Oh my gosh, Heidi! We are so so so excited for your family :) I also love seeing Taylor wearing a "Big Sister" shirt. How precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys! What an answer to prayer! We will be praying that things continue to go smoothly and quickly. :o)

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you guys. Praying for you as God increases your family. Blessings, Buddy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts